OOC Talk

A small and decadent village in the coast, with a blasphemous secret. And sometimes, what you see is only the beginning of the horror…

Moderator: kabukiman

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: OOC Talk

Post by kabukiman »

And it's that what we like!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

I'm going in vacations friday and will only return 1 of september. Please, feel free to continue the roleplay and make plans.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Aww, but I've read the threads already and I wants to read more about the Great Escape! I never got to play in that game and you're doing a good treatment of it.

I want more!
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, this game is going great, and we haven't even gotten to Innsmouth yet! I'm looking forward to more when you get back.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Thanks! I took a great risk by creating my own scenario, it would be much easier to use the scenarios of the book, but after a talk with Welsh, i decided to try it. My original idea was actually to transfer Innsmouth to a small coast village in the north of Portugal, the players would be even more cluess, but i droped the idea.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Well, I'm keen to see how it all plays out... You're a mighty fine Keeper and the players seem to be progressing quickly. Nicely done!

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by welsh »

Olson grows impatient waiting outside... What's taking them so long? Why are they still in their.

Memories of Africa.. the long waits in the jungle, the mosquitos the size of sparrows sucking on his blood, the sweat... the black African bodies moving in the night, their poison tipped spears sharpened. If they could get past the machinegun, they could stab him through, like a pig on a stick..

But its not Africa.... It's New England... Just fucking New England.

Yet he can't help feel that familiar sweat drip from his forehead, down his cheek, over his hard chin, onto his clothing.

I can control myself.. Yes... I left all that behind...

These are the lies he tells himself. Until....

Finally he can't stand it no more. He turns the corner and enters the hotel.

The nasty manager who wouldn't serve him a coffee looks up. "Hey, I thought you were..... " The sentence is never complete. A smoking hole bleeds red from the man's forehead.

Olsen climbs the stairs, just as three bad looking fish smelling fellows come tumbling out of a room. They gawk at Olson who climbs the stairs like a lost Viking gone berserk. They begin to speak in their strange watery voices.

But Olson doesn't hear any of it. He's still miles away.. in Africa... the black bodies... the strange drums.. the poisoned spears.

Three quick shots and all three stumble. Olson kicks one of the fish heads as he walks by. "Fucking Tarzan and that bitch Jane." He mutters.

Miguel stumbles out, confused, tortured, releaved. "Oh thank God you found.."

Bam! And his head disappears in red mist.

The crooked cop steps out of the room, "What are you.."

And Olsen's gun fires his last round. The man falls, a bullet in his gut, left only with minutes to wonder if his life of venal sins and marginal NPC status led yo this dismal, premature end.

Then Olsen is through the door.
Bruno says, "Luke! Are you mad" But Luke slugs him in the shoulder and Bruno falls heavy.

The preacher flees on his wooden foot, the storekeeper thinks, "this isn't what I signed up for," and the virgin journalist cries out. But Luke is already on the old drunk, his only weapon left- a toenail clipper.

Olsen lunges with the clipper, ripping off nails and cutting hair with insane abandon! "Where is he! Where the HELL is he you rotten FUCK!!" he screams. "What have you DONE WITH OUR KEEPER!!!!"
http://www.nma-fallout.com

One man's meat may very well be another man's person-
- Anonymous Cannibal
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

:o

Something happened to our Keeper?

:cry:

Kabukiman is probably still away. Not supposed to come back until the 1st of September, remember? Not until Monday!

:D

Then more of Innsmouth Awesome!

welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

I know... I know... But the impatience! It kills me!

Patience is a virtue for those with time to kill. Personally, I think the virtue is overrated.

- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's funny, since I almost never have free time and I'm the most patient person I know. I guess I'm just too busy to have time to be impatient, since there's always something I need to do.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
welsh
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by welsh »

We should be considering our next moves.

I suspect that the local constable is rotten, but not sure how rotten he is. NOt sure how much use it is in roughing up the witness. Mostly he just wants reward, and I doubt he has more to share.

Still might be worth putting a squeeze on him.

I think we are off to Innsmouth next. I can put the MV Wolf Larson off shore at a safe distance. If our group gets into trouble, we can pop a flare for a quick exit by sea.

- Anonymous Cannibal
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Before we leave the Benjamin Hotel, there are still a couple of things we need to do. We should ask the manager about the three fishy guys who were staying in Room 6 and find out what names they used in the register, along with anything else he knows about them. Then we should search Room 6 (renting the room if we have to) for any clues they may have left behind. The old guy said there was nothing of value (I'm sure he checked!), but that doesn't mean there wasn't anything there of interest that could provide a lead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Hello! Don't despair! I'm back (sort of). I was in a small village near the coast (the original place i thought to use instead of Innsmouth), but couldn’t go to the beach (always raining), and didn't have any cibercafe near, and worst i had to show the zone to some relatives. And some other problems too.
And Laraqua, thanks for the compliment! My biggest problem is the language, I still have a serious limitation of vocabulary, and the sentences don’t always make sense, but I try to do my best.

And now my boss have leave me tons of work :? , so this week i will be only at 50%.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! Your English is very good, better than that of many Americans. Even if you don't always use the best grammar or words, I can still always understand what you mean.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
paradys
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by paradys »

very brave of you to run a game in your second language! and so far its working good, ive had no problem following the game.

right now I'm assuming Percy is standing in the corridor outside the room, along with the reverand. if the reverand doesnt reply to him, Percy will suggest to him that they leave and go back to the 'civilised' end of town where they can mull things over.
meh woman ca gimme no alibi
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Well, actually, english is my third language, after portuguese and french...
I'm still waiting that Mr Zombie make the roll i asked him.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Sorry i had not been paying attention to this thread. Lots of things going on in my life lately. So which thread is Jones in now?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

You and Paradys should go to Percy and Peter thread.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

So what do you think of the campaign for now? I was thinking to acelerate the part in Arkham, so you could go to Innsmouth.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm definitely enjoying it. I am looking forward to Innsmouth, but I also don't want to miss any of the part that takes place in Arkham. The pace is okay, and I think we're almost ready to head to Innsmouth soon anyway. I think we just have to search Room 6 before we leave the Benjamin Hotel, and then follow whatever other leads in Arkham the other characters have picked up on before we go.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Escape from Innsmouth”