Page 1 of 1

OOC Talk

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:02 am
by kabukiman
This is where we can talk about everything.

Re: OOC Talk

Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:52 pm
by kabukiman
The game will start friday. We can use this section to talk about the game.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:49 pm
by paradys
ok, i'll start rolling up the character tonight and try try to get it up for friday

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:02 pm
by welsh
I have an idea for a character- a charter boat captain. Does that work?

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:34 pm
by Mr. Handy
Captain Millburn is listed as having 12 Hit Points, but he should have 14 since that is the average of his CON and SIZ, rounded up. Also, his Rifle skill is listed as 55%, but lower on his sheet it says his bolt action .22 has a 65% skill.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:50 am
by kabukiman
Thanks, i will speak with Mr Fisk.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:37 pm
by MrFisk
Sorry guys, my mistake. Rifle should be 55% and hit points 14.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:54 pm
by welsh
(Edit- sorry my bad- misread)

Are you using the 1920s companion to create characters?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:12 am
by Mr. Handy
Percy has 10 HP, not 9. You get to round up when taking the average of CON and SIZ. Also, you didn't list which other language he knows.

By the way, are we allowed to read the other characters' threads?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:31 am
by kabukiman
Yes, you can; i will say when you can't.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:51 am
by paradys
cheers handy! i figured i'd take whatever language was most useful for the adventure, if the keeper can give me a hint..

who is detective Harrigan? have i missed something?

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:19 pm
by kabukiman
Your shop sufered a robbery 30 minutes before you arrive, and Harrigan was sent to investigate.
For the language, probably latin

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:32 pm
by welsh
Here is something odd and perhaps a clue-
-Well of course! I'm detective Harrigan and this is agent O'Neill- he says smiling.
Then, he makes a serious look for the camera.
Generally a police station in the US, one has policeman who are ranked (patrol officer, sergeant, Lt, Captain chief), and then there are detectives (and detective sergeants).

Agents (as in O'Neil) are either state police or federal. For example, FBI agents are Special Agent O'Neil.

Given the small size of Arkham, Valentine would probably know most of the local cops, but she wouldn't necessarily know them all and definitely wouldn't know a visiting FBI agent. But the FBI doesn't exist until the mid 1930s although a small group was created by Teddy Roosevelt to crack down on prostitution and white slavery. Also, the Secret Service does exist.

Interesting- what is in a name?

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:53 pm
by Mr. Handy
This might be a language thing. I thought Kabukiman probably meant to write "Officer O'Neill." The word "Agent" can mean police officer in French, and the word may be similar in other European languages such as Portuguese. That's why I phrased it the way I did in the article I wrote. The FBI did exist prior to the 1930's. J. Edgar Hoover was in charge from 1924-1972. Kidnapping was not yet under federal jurisdiction, I believe; that probably only started as a result of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping in 1932. The FBI might be involved in investigating violations of the Volstead Act (Prohibition) during the 1920's, however, so it is possible that he is a federal agent. The Secret Service was founded in the late 1860's, I think in part as a response to Lincoln's assassination.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:17 am
by kabukiman
I wanted to mean officer; that's the problem of making a game in another coutry. In portugal, officers are high rank (as captain), and agents are the regular patrolman (in theory: reality is a bit more complicated). Sorry for giving you false hopes!

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:49 am
by welsh
Crap! And here I was hoping to see the first tell signs of the federal investigation that leads to the big raid.

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:11 am
by kabukiman
Next week i'm out in holidays. We will resume on the 20. But you may continue with the excelent role-play.

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:31 pm
by kabukiman
I'm back! I will resume my duties as keeper. And you have done a good job in roleplaying.

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:38 am
by Mr Zombie killer
The Secret Service was commissioned on July 5, 1865 in Washington, D.C. as the "Secret Service Division," to suppress counterfeit currency, which is why it was established under the United States Department of the Treasury. At the time, the only other federal law enforcement agencies were the United States Park Police, U.S. Post Office Department - Office of Instructions and Mail Depredations, now known as the United States Postal Inspection Service, and the United States Marshals Service. The Marshals did not have the manpower to investigate all crime under federal jurisdiction, so the Secret Service was used to investigate everything from murder to bank robbery to illegal gambling. It was the first U.S. domestic intelligence and counterintelligence agency. It no longer has (and has not had for over a century) these responsibilities, which are now vested in the FBI. After the assassination of President William McKinley in 1901, Congress informally requested Secret Service presidential protection. A year later, the Secret Service assumed full-time responsibility for protection of the President. In 1902, William Craig was the first Secret Service agent killed while riding in the presidential carriage, in a road accident.

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:34 pm
by paradys
sorry Percys such a klutz, but he is acting in character, and pretty naturally i think for a 'civilian'

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:17 am
by kabukiman
And it's that what we like!

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 pm
by kabukiman
I'm going in vacations friday and will only return 1 of september. Please, feel free to continue the roleplay and make plans.

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 pm
by Laraqua
Aww, but I've read the threads already and I wants to read more about the Great Escape! I never got to play in that game and you're doing a good treatment of it.

I want more!

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Yes, this game is going great, and we haven't even gotten to Innsmouth yet! I'm looking forward to more when you get back.

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:25 am
by kabukiman
Thanks! I took a great risk by creating my own scenario, it would be much easier to use the scenarios of the book, but after a talk with Welsh, i decided to try it. My original idea was actually to transfer Innsmouth to a small coast village in the north of Portugal, the players would be even more cluess, but i droped the idea.

Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:54 am
by Laraqua
Well, I'm keen to see how it all plays out... You're a mighty fine Keeper and the players seem to be progressing quickly. Nicely done!

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 pm
by welsh
Olson grows impatient waiting outside... What's taking them so long? Why are they still in their.

Memories of Africa.. the long waits in the jungle, the mosquitos the size of sparrows sucking on his blood, the sweat... the black African bodies moving in the night, their poison tipped spears sharpened. If they could get past the machinegun, they could stab him through, like a pig on a stick..

But its not Africa.... It's New England... Just fucking New England.

Yet he can't help feel that familiar sweat drip from his forehead, down his cheek, over his hard chin, onto his clothing.

I can control myself.. Yes... I left all that behind...

These are the lies he tells himself. Until....

Finally he can't stand it no more. He turns the corner and enters the hotel.

The nasty manager who wouldn't serve him a coffee looks up. "Hey, I thought you were..... " The sentence is never complete. A smoking hole bleeds red from the man's forehead.

Olsen climbs the stairs, just as three bad looking fish smelling fellows come tumbling out of a room. They gawk at Olson who climbs the stairs like a lost Viking gone berserk. They begin to speak in their strange watery voices.

But Olson doesn't hear any of it. He's still miles away.. in Africa... the black bodies... the strange drums.. the poisoned spears.

Three quick shots and all three stumble. Olson kicks one of the fish heads as he walks by. "Fucking Tarzan and that bitch Jane." He mutters.

Miguel stumbles out, confused, tortured, releaved. "Oh thank God you found.."

Bam! And his head disappears in red mist.

The crooked cop steps out of the room, "What are you.."

And Olsen's gun fires his last round. The man falls, a bullet in his gut, left only with minutes to wonder if his life of venal sins and marginal NPC status led yo this dismal, premature end.

Then Olsen is through the door.
Bruno says, "Luke! Are you mad" But Luke slugs him in the shoulder and Bruno falls heavy.

The preacher flees on his wooden foot, the storekeeper thinks, "this isn't what I signed up for," and the virgin journalist cries out. But Luke is already on the old drunk, his only weapon left- a toenail clipper.

Olsen lunges with the clipper, ripping off nails and cutting hair with insane abandon! "Where is he! Where the HELL is he you rotten FUCK!!" he screams. "What have you DONE WITH OUR KEEPER!!!!"

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 am
by Laraqua
:o

Something happened to our Keeper?

:cry:

Kabukiman is probably still away. Not supposed to come back until the 1st of September, remember? Not until Monday!

:D

Then more of Innsmouth Awesome!

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:41 pm
by welsh
I know... I know... But the impatience! It kills me!

Patience is a virtue for those with time to kill. Personally, I think the virtue is overrated.

Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:10 pm
by Mr. Handy
That's funny, since I almost never have free time and I'm the most patient person I know. I guess I'm just too busy to have time to be impatient, since there's always something I need to do.

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:25 pm
by welsh
We should be considering our next moves.

I suspect that the local constable is rotten, but not sure how rotten he is. NOt sure how much use it is in roughing up the witness. Mostly he just wants reward, and I doubt he has more to share.

Still might be worth putting a squeeze on him.

I think we are off to Innsmouth next. I can put the MV Wolf Larson off shore at a safe distance. If our group gets into trouble, we can pop a flare for a quick exit by sea.

Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:40 pm
by Mr. Handy
Before we leave the Benjamin Hotel, there are still a couple of things we need to do. We should ask the manager about the three fishy guys who were staying in Room 6 and find out what names they used in the register, along with anything else he knows about them. Then we should search Room 6 (renting the room if we have to) for any clues they may have left behind. The old guy said there was nothing of value (I'm sure he checked!), but that doesn't mean there wasn't anything there of interest that could provide a lead.

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:09 pm
by kabukiman
Hello! Don't despair! I'm back (sort of). I was in a small village near the coast (the original place i thought to use instead of Innsmouth), but couldn’t go to the beach (always raining), and didn't have any cibercafe near, and worst i had to show the zone to some relatives. And some other problems too.
And Laraqua, thanks for the compliment! My biggest problem is the language, I still have a serious limitation of vocabulary, and the sentences don’t always make sense, but I try to do my best.

And now my boss have leave me tons of work :? , so this week i will be only at 50%.

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! Your English is very good, better than that of many Americans. Even if you don't always use the best grammar or words, I can still always understand what you mean.

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:24 am
by paradys
very brave of you to run a game in your second language! and so far its working good, ive had no problem following the game.

right now I'm assuming Percy is standing in the corridor outside the room, along with the reverand. if the reverand doesnt reply to him, Percy will suggest to him that they leave and go back to the 'civilised' end of town where they can mull things over.

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:25 pm
by kabukiman
Well, actually, english is my third language, after portuguese and french...
I'm still waiting that Mr Zombie make the roll i asked him.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:21 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Sorry i had not been paying attention to this thread. Lots of things going on in my life lately. So which thread is Jones in now?

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:20 pm
by kabukiman
You and Paradys should go to Percy and Peter thread.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:01 pm
by kabukiman
So what do you think of the campaign for now? I was thinking to acelerate the part in Arkham, so you could go to Innsmouth.

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:34 am
by Mr. Handy
I'm definitely enjoying it. I am looking forward to Innsmouth, but I also don't want to miss any of the part that takes place in Arkham. The pace is okay, and I think we're almost ready to head to Innsmouth soon anyway. I think we just have to search Room 6 before we leave the Benjamin Hotel, and then follow whatever other leads in Arkham the other characters have picked up on before we go.

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 am
by kabukiman
Ok, so we will continue as now

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:06 pm
by kabukiman
Seems a story for a cheap horror movie, or a blood brother scenario.

http://surf.transworld.net/2008/10/31/w ... ain-death/

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:25 pm
by kabukiman
I have sent a mail to Paradys. If he doesn't answer until tomorow, I will Npc his character until he appears.

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:41 pm
by kabukiman
Wayno and eldrich carrot are our new players. I hope you will enjoy the campaign.

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
Welcome aboard, Wayno and eldrich carrot!

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:24 am
by Wayno
Cheers guyz, got some catcing up 2 do!
Are there any rules for what i can read in the game forum?

Am i taking over one of the characters, or a new one?

And where do i come into the story?

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:40 pm
by kabukiman
You will play with the character you submited, as soons as I will create your thread

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:41 am
by welsh
Welcome to the game!

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:19 pm
by kabukiman
Alyssa and Bruno: make a roll of D6. It's the new skill of Inmouth lore.

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 pm
by welsh
Ok- five

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Alyssa only got two.

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:14 pm
by welsh
Heads up folks. Next week I leave for exotic realms in the east. My quest takes me, on the 13th of december, first to New York and from there, by one of those new fangled aeroplanes, over great oceans! First I shall stop in Zurich before traveling again across desert, above the Himalayas, over jungles and ancient civilizations! I fear I will not return from my epic quest in the tropics till after January, when I shall return northward into artic gales.

Alas, I fear that while I travel to the exotic East, I may be cut off from all communications with civilized parts. Fear not for me, friends, for I go prepared and aware of what dangers await in the bush. And if I am silent, do not fear, for I shall return in all haste to finish this adventure amongs the frog-like men!

If my silence this next week is disturbing to your mind, be assured I bid you good tidyings. My silence means only that I am in preparation for the great distances I must yet cross and that I mean nor suffer no ill will.

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:32 am
by kabukiman
Congratulations! I hope that you will enjoy yourself. Just don't lose yourself in the Plateau of Leng ;) .
I will Npc your crew until your return.

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:47 am
by Mr. Handy
At the Keeper's request, I've created two new subforums (Arkham and Innsmouth) and moved all of the IC threads so far into the Arkham subforum. When characters go to Innsmouth, they'll have new IC threads there.

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:50 am
by kabukiman
Thanks Mr Handy!

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:53 am
by Mr. Handy
No problem!

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:38 am
by kabukiman
Seem Welsh is already out, so I will Npc is character.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm
by kabukiman
Hi guys! Next 2 days I won't be able to post, so merry christmas for all of you!

Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:10 pm
by kabukiman
I'm back, so we can resume the game.

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:14 am
by Ash
Please can I have a part in Innsmouth?

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:37 pm
by welsh
Ok, back in town and back in play. What have I missed?

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:11 pm
by kabukiman
Welcome back! Actually, you didn't miss much, Olsen and Allyssa found the drunk in Innsmouth, but he is... drunk, so havent't helped much, but you may continue to ask him things.

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:09 am
by Ash
Hi everyone. Nice to meet you. I will be playing as the character Paul.
Good to be here.

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome, Ash! You're in for a great time!

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:28 pm
by kabukiman
Welcome and I hope you will enjoy it.

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm
by Ash
Cool, hope so

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:44 pm
by welsh
Folks, I have ugly deadlines looming over my head along with the sword of damocles hanging over my head. This should be for about 5 weeks so I might be slow to post.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:08 pm
by kabukiman
Ok, hope everything will go fine.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 pm
by welsh
Sorry guys, busy times again for about two weeks.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm
by kabukiman
No problem!

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:19 pm
by neonaeon
Hi everyone,

I have spoken with kabukiman and I will be playing in the campaign with Rev. Peter Tyler Jones.

All the best,
Jorge

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:31 pm
by kabukiman
Just a small detail: Jorge was my keeper of CoC (and other games) in the real world.

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Wait, there's a real world? :lol:

Welcome, Jorge! It's nice to have someone playing the good Reverend again.

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:40 am
by neonaeon
Thanks! It's good to return to having my life wasted by demented cultists, losing my sanity and being devoured by tentacled alien monsters.
(Oh, wait a minute...)

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:55 pm
by kabukiman
Welsh and Mr Handy, you will receive 3 skill points to any skill you want (except Mythos...). And it's time to skills check.
For Welsh, I just found a spot hiden a psychology roll. But you increase in 1point your credit rating (thanks to you new irish contacts).
Mr Handy: Spot Hidden, psychology, listening, library use.
I think it was all (if I miss anything, please tell me).

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:06 am
by Mr. Handy
I also had a Fast Talk success talking to Jack early on.

I'll take my 3 bonus points in Dodge, raising it from 51 to 54.

My Innsmouth Lore skill should currently be 16% and my current Sanity is now 69, as long as you're updating character sheets.

Alyssa improves in Fast Talk from 55 by 7 to 62.
Alyssa does not improve in Spot Hidden.
Alyssa does not improve in Psychology.
Alyssa improves in Listen from 45 by 10 to 55.
Alyssa does not improve in Library Use (but it was close!)

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:08 pm
by kabukiman
This weekend I'm in a small trip with my family and should only return monday.

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:51 am
by kabukiman
OOC: Amateur question: How do I put here a scanned image (it's a map in acrobate reader from Innsmouth manual)?

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:15 am
by Mr. Handy
I've never actually done this before, but after you click the Post Reply button, scroll down to the Options tab below it. Next to that is a tab called Upload Attachment. Click the Browse... button to locate the file, type in a comment below that, and then click Add the file.

Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 am
by kabukiman
Thanks. All you have to do now is download the map.

Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:57 pm
by kabukiman
I'm out this week-end. Probably I will only post sunday.

Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm
by kabukiman
Ok guys, I was (and I'm still) sick with a problem with my backs, but with lot's of medicaments I can write again (but not much). If I suddenly disappear it's because I got worst

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:16 pm
by welsh
Going away for a couple of weeks at the end of this week.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:44 am
by kabukiman
Ok!

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:46 am
by Ash
Get well soon.

Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:05 pm
by Ash
Yeah, sorry I haven't been able to post so often. New job. Hope I can post more reguarly hopefully daily from now if not every other day.

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:17 pm
by kabukiman
No problem, real life comes first ;)

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
In Paul's thread, the 1d6 loss is most likely Sanity. Since he started with 60, that will bring him down to 55 (unless he's already lost some, in which case it would be lower). If this Sanity loss takes effect before your Sanity roll, then the result of 57 would fail. If it does succeed, you still need to lose 1d3 Sanity.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:59 am
by kabukiman
I have bad news. I have an insane amount of work to do this week. And next week, I'm in hollidays in Holand, with no acess to net. I'l be out after to Belgium, so I will only have acess to the net in a regular way, after 20 of september. I'm very sorry.

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:37 pm
by welsh
No worries, I have to travel to Canada the first week of Sept, so I will be gone as well. ANd I have an insane amount of work to do. SO its ok.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:23 pm
by welsh
Are we defunct?

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:30 am
by kabukiman
No, restarting... now!
I'm very sorry for all the time I took, but after the hollidays I was full of work (and I'm still).

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:48 pm
by kabukiman
I will be out until day 27 for hollidays. So I wish you all a merry christmas!

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
While Molotov cocktails weren't given the name until the Russo-Finnish Winter War in 1939 and weren't deployed in large scale on the battlefield until the Spanish Civil War of 1936-1939, I'm pretty sure that gasoline bombs of one form or another existed in 1927.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:49 pm
by kabukiman
Well, maybe, but I didn't found any reference prior to the spanish civil war. Gasoline was used to burn places, dynamite and grenades to explode things, but since it isn't very important, Luke can "invent" the cocktail ;) .

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:49 am
by kabukiman
For the rest of the week I'm out in work. I should be back again only monday.

Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:30 am
by kabukiman
I will be out this week in holidays, will only return next week.

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 am
by kabukiman
I'm going on holidays. I will return just day 2 of august.

Posted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:22 am
by kabukiman
I'm back, so we can resume the game.

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:25 pm
by Raiko
@kabukiman: Do you think you'll be resuming this game in the near future (say before Christmas)? Or should I move it into the graveyard for the time being?

I believe you were planning to resume it after "The Pit" had finished, but obviously Airbornexo has currently placed both his games on "indefinite hold." :(

If the game goes into the graveyard, it can be resurrected at any time, just PM me or Mr.Handy. :)

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Actually, it's "Servants of Chaos" that Kabukiman wants to finish first (he's running that one, and he only wants to run one game at a time). Since Syrinx is interested in joining Pandora's Box, he's planning to continue that game first. After it concludes, then he'll be continuing Escape from Innsmouth.

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 pm
by Raiko
Thanks. :)
I'll leave this game active then, until Kabukiman says otherwise.

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:42 pm
by kabukiman
Well, it's as Mr Handy is saying. As soon as I finish servant of chaos( by the way, a game from another keeper that vanished) I'l resume Pandora Box, and finally Insmouth.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:20 pm
by kabukiman
Well, now what are you planning to do? Finally try to enter the place and save Manuel? Wait for the nigth?

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy
We're running out of time, as people are onto us. Delaying now only increases the risk, and someone might notice us leaving the area. Our best chance might be to go in now before they have more time to prepare.

What time of day is it in the game?

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:55 am
by Pickman37
You make a good point Mr.Handy but I think we made a mistake.

Whereas Alyssa wanted to wait until nightfall (something I could agree with), Luke and Bruno were struck by unhealthy doses of machismo and thought conducting this raid in broad daylight, with multiple on-lookers would be better, with info which may not be accurate or may have even changed. However, even they were starting to doubt this approach once they got there...

Also, we did not even bring the rope or any type of grapple to scale into that back window....Something your character mentioned a few times but the boys, being boys, forgot....

We look suspicious but we could feign momentary truck trouble, pop the hood, fake-fiddle and move on or even, approach one of the locals, loudly asking for directions like we are lost, hoping others around hear, and move on returning at night to conduct the operation and with the supplies we need...

Thoughts?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
*Waving*

Hi all. Taking over one Captain Luke Olsen (no relation to the twins, I hope...) with kabukiman's blessing.

Thanks for the suggestion, Pickman37.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 pm
by ImpInTraining
Trying to pick through the threads, but they're a bit fragmented and scattered. I don't suppose anyone might be interested in summarizing where we are and what we're doing there for me?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:46 pm
by kabukiman
One of the members of your crew (Manuel a portuguese sailor) had win a dagger in a card game. In Arkham where the boat was, he was kidnapped by a bunch of strange persons. With the help of a journalist, you discovered that they were from a place called Innsmouth. You made a quick trip, and discovered they the locals have a strange religion, and they kidnapped him to recover the dagger (the details are still unknown). With some help, you know that he will be probably be sacrificed very soon. So, you must try to save him.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:16 am
by Pickman37
Welcome aboard ImpInTraining!

Hopefully you get the classic game fix you've been looking for and thank you to kabukiman for bringing you on board :D I was not trying to step on toes but just felt I would suggest it since Luke seemed to be a prominent character earlier and I know how hard it is to get into a classic game.

I assure you this Olsen is nothing like either the Luke or Owen we know in our day and time Lol! Anyways, he's yours to own.

Depending on if you are up for about 4 pages of reading, the plan began on Pg. 23 about halfway down in the Innsmouth thread: Alyssa and Olsen to Pg. 27, even though the last page was mostly a retreat and regroup.

To summarize, based on what we observed and the layout of Alyssa's map of the Custom's House, we plan to sneak into a back window of the building, carry on to the basement and rescue our man, Manuel, from a secret room there that he has holed himself up in. We have only observed two "fish-men" guards at the front of the building (who should, theoretically, be drunk by this time of night) and we hope, by setting off either:

A.) Fireworks, or
B.) Dynamite

...in a nearby building for a distraction (most likely done by Felix, the getaway driver), they will leave and we can conduct our activity. We do not know if there are more guards inside but we're hoping the distraction will draw them out. Anyways, we planned to act stealthily but hopefully the chaos will allow us to defend ourselves with noisy firearms inside just in case we meet resistance. We hope to grab him and get away. Variables include potential booby traps inside and there was talk of grabbing one of the guards from out front to lead us through but this has not been agreed upon as a course of action to my understanding.

Anyways, that's my interpretation of the plan. Hopefully, I have it down but please, anyone feel free to correct my concept or add on. I guess we can figure it out on the short sail :D

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:15 am
by ImpInTraining
Ok... sounds cool, thanks for the updates. I will check out those four pages you were talking about to get the most recent back-and-forth ... and I think with everything else I've read / been told, I should be good to go.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Maybe someone other than the getaway driver should set off the distraction. Felix should be waiting in the truck with the engine running so that we can get away fast. I was also thinking that a fire would make a better distraction than an explosion, which would automatically be suspicious. Fires sometimes just happen.

Alyssa is against trying to grab one of the guards. We don't want them to even know we were there.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:29 pm
by ImpInTraining
I actually thought the same thing when fireworks was mentioned. If the opponents have half a brain, they'll be like 'someone is distinctly trying to divert our attention over there.' send one person out to check it out and then double the watch on the house.

A fire, on the other hand... that's the sort of thing that demands attention. Especially if lit in the right areas with strategic intent. They may be forced to send more hands to put out the fire before it sets something more flammable alight.

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:03 pm
by ImpInTraining
I did miss something. There was some talk about Averrill. What's that all about?

As for the fire... it was mentioned that there was plenty of whiskey on board the boat. We could take some bottles and make Mai Tai cocktails as an accellerant. We could have a building ablaze a couple blocks away in practically no time with a couple well placed throws.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:34 am
by Pickman37
Sounds good fellow investigators.

ImpInTraining, we have nixed the Averills as assistance in this operation, I believe, as we don't know what they are all about and may have some kind of interest in the town that we do not understand.

As for Molotov cocktails, I believe in an earlier post by Kabukiman, they have not been invented yet (which is correct) but he would allow us to improvise. I'm not sure where this post is but either way, I agree with you and Mr.Handy about the distraction being a fire instead of the obvious fireworks or dynamite after you both presented your reasoning. I also agree with Mr. Handy about not grabbing a guard either and just taking a chance with any traps that may or may not be in the Custom's House.

As for someone other than Felix setting up the distraction, we only have Alyssa's editor and Karl. I believe Karl should stay with the boat, which leaves the editor. Unless, you need me to stay outside and do this which means Alyssa, Luke and the editor conduct the mission. Let me know what we think the personnel should be...

Thanks!

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 am
by Mr. Handy
As far as I can recall, Averill opposes the Marshes because they were responsible for his son's death. He is feared, so the Marshes leave him alone. However, we never went to talk to him - from what we can gather, he's not such a nice guy.

Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:56 am
by ImpInTraining
Hrm... Apparently the molotov coctail was first used in or around 1936, but I'm sure people have used alcohol as accellerants far longer than that.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 pm
by kabukiman
Hi! There was a big storm here in this last days, so I turn off my computer, didn't wanted to risk it being destroyed with some malfunction.
I don't accept a cocktail Molotov, but as alcohol as accelerator is fine for me. Just remember that whiskey is money...
Where is the point where you will all meet (truck and boat)? Near Innsmout?

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:19 am
by Pickman37
I thought we would be meeting up at the same place we last anchored at, outside of Innsmouth.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 pm
by kabukiman
I will draw a map and post it. But only on Friday, so we will take a hiatus for 2 days.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 pm
by kabukiman
I'm very sorry for not having post this days, but I have been sick in bed and not able to go to the computer. I'm near recovered now, and I can post again. Oh, and of course, I didn't draw any map

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:50 pm
by Pickman37
I will be out of town for the weekend and may not have access to the internet at my location. If I do, I will be able to post but if not I will be out of action until Sunday or Monday evening. Kabukiman, if the pace really picks up, feel free to NPC me. If not, we'll see you all then.

Cheers!

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:43 pm
by ImpInTraining
Heading out to California for some work - not sure how it will effect my gaming. But feel free to NPC me if necessary.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm
by kabukiman
I'm out in hollidays. It's very complicated to get acess to the net. Next week, I should be able to resume the game. I'm sorry!

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:52 am
by Pickman37
Have a good holiday...just don't make it in Innsmouth this year...I hear the fish ain't bit'in!

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:57 pm
by kabukiman
I'm back. more or less... The place I'm in holidays is the same place where I had the idea some years ago to make a campaign for Innsmouth after talking with Welsh.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:51 am
by kabukiman
I'm very sorry for the delay, but only now I have acess to computer again. Is everyone available to continue to play?

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 pm
by ImpInTraining
I'm still here...

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! I'm here and ready to play.

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:37 am
by Pickman37
Glad to see you back. Yes I'm still available and ready to go.

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:27 pm
by ImpInTraining
FYI - gonna be on a road trip Tuesday through Saturday ... will try to post, but no guarantees.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:13 am
by kabukiman
Ok!

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Thought you might be interested in this Kickstarter for a new Broken Sword game. It still has over a week left to go and is more than fully funded, but there are some great stretch goals ahead. I'm in for $50 myself so far, and I'm tempted to go up to $100.

By the way, I still owe you for Broken Sword 4. I can pay you through PayPal if you PM me the email address you use with it. I don't recall the exact amount it cost.

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:48 pm
by kabukiman
Wow, that's great news! I haven't finished the 3º and 4º games yet, because I didn't liked much being in 3D.
I haven't a paypal acount, I use a credit card to pay online.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy
I've played the first three, but never got around to playing the fourth. I do plan to play through the whole series before the fifth one is released. You'll be glad to hear that they've gone back to 2D for the new game!

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:13 pm
by kabukiman
Indeed it's even better news. It's difficult to find good adventure games about occult/conspiracy/relics.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 pm
by kabukiman
I'm very sorry, but for the next 2 weeks, I won't be able to post, I'm absolutely full of work. I'l resume as soon as possible.

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 am
by Pickman37
No problem Kabukiman. I can dig it. I will still be around when you get back (notwithstanding some real life Mythos unexpected death) and I am all game for carrying this to the bitter end...for Bruno Kirby that is ;)

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:49 pm
by ImpInTraining
FYI - they're calling for possible black-outs for up to 3 days in our area Sunday night or Monday morning due to Hurricane Sandy - or Frankenstorm as the news has termed her. So please feel free to NPC me as necessary.

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:57 pm
by ImpInTraining
Don't know if it matters... but...

I'll be on a cruise in the Carribean from 6 to 13 January and completely away from all internet access. Please NPC me in that time frame. Thanks!

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:19 am
by kabukiman
Ok, I'm finally back, after was a long absence, and I won't blame anyone if you won't be interested to return. I'l send a message to everyone to see if you still want to play.

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back! I definitely want to keep playing! :D

By the way, if you want to rejoin Zombie Apocalypse, I recently gave away Jerry Law to a new player, but your other characters (Melinda and Michiko) are still yours if you want them, plus you could pick up one or two more if you want.

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:39 am
by kabukiman
Yep, I'm really interested to return to ZA. Could you just inform me what happened to Melinda an Michiko?

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy
You haven't missed too much. Zombie Apocalypse slowed to a crawl, and we were down to two players for a while. Gold and Sword still have no active players, so they haven't advanced one bit in months. There's very little catching up needed for Melinda. There was a confrontation with Carolyn Wagner, but Jason Baker managed to defuse it before his player disappeared. Michiko has missed a bit more, and you should certainly read her thread for all the details. You missed meeting another Japanese character, Ryuu Kin, who joined the bus group for a while before setting off on his own with one other person on foot. The bus also passed some dead bodies that might be familiar to you, though not your character. Right now it's stopped outside a convenience store in an attempt to refuel, but someone else is already there.

You're also free to add one or two more characters if you wish.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:38 pm
by ImpInTraining
I'm here still... ready to go.

Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:42 pm
by kabukiman
Ok, I'm glad everyone is still playing!
A quick recap:
Alyssa a journalist from Arkham discovered that a sailor was kidnapped by some strange folk. She made a contact with the crew from the same boat of the sailor, and after some investigation they discovered that the strange folk was from a place called Innsmouth, where a cult was ruling it. The group decide to rescue the sailor (a sailor called MANUEL) and with some help from people from Innsmouth who was still normal, entered the place where Manuel was locked and they saved. But now, they are in a truck, and must run away from the cursed village and pick Alyssa editor...

Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
Ah yes... I remember it well. Seems to me I was attempting to fire upon the pursuers and not having much luck.

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:48 pm
by kabukiman
Ok, it has take more time that i thougth, but I'm back.
I have decide that we will make 3 scenarios from the raid: The esoteric order raid, the marsh mansion and Y’ha-nthlei. The investigators will participate, but each one in a different place: be Alyssa will be in the marsh mansion, Luke will go to Y'sa-nthlei. ImpInTraining will play as a marine in the marsh mansion (just pick one from the list I have included in the list from the characters) and Mr Handy will pick an oficer from the list. In the esoteric order raid, you will both play as marines from the list. Any other player will pick 3 characters, each one from the 3 lists for the different scenarios.
I hope I wasn't very confused.

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:58 am
by Laraqua
Randomly assign me three.

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:36 am
by kabukiman
Very well.

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
I'd like to play Dalton Trimble and William Murphy.

Do I get to make skill increase rolls for Alyssa, and does she get a Sanity increase?

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:20 am
by kabukiman
Yes, yes, and yes.
I'm just waiting for ImpInTraining and we may start.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Thanks! How much Sanity do I gain?

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:54 am
by kabukiman
1d4, as long as you don't gain more than the initial value.

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Then I only gain 1 Sanity, since that's how much I lost.

Psychology did not increase.
Fast Talk did not increase.
Spot Hidden did not increase.
Listen did not increase.
Knife did not increase.
Shotgun increased from 30 by 8 to 38.
Dodge increased from 54 by 3 to 57.
Drive Auto increased from 20 by 4 to 24.

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 pm
by ImpInTraining
Sorry, I've been holding things up. Trying to get back into the swing of things myself.

Um... I'll look at those lists now and give you an answer very soon.

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:33 pm
by ImpInTraining
Gordon Pruitt and Patrick "Leprechaun" O'Brien please. am I still taking Luke or is Welsh planning on coming back? And - should Luke also make rolls to increase successful skill use?

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:51 am
by kabukiman
Yes, yes, Luke is yours, and yes.

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:24 pm
by ImpInTraining
Not having much luck researching successful skills at Invisible Castle. Did you keep track of what Luke skills were successful for me to check?

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:18 pm
by kabukiman
Dodge, Handgun weapon, Spott Hidden, First Aid, Listen, Sneak. And make a roll of sanity to increase it, but you cannot have more sanity than the one you started.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:42 pm
by ImpInTraining
With Invisible Castle down ... would you like to roll the dice for me? Or...

[dice]1d100[/dice]

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:40 am
by Laraqua
Who are my three?

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:00 am
by kabukiman
In the thread of characters you can see them: Charles Drake, George Williams and Craig Hyde.

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:52 am
by kabukiman

Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:10 am
by kabukiman
Sorry for no having post anything, but this last days have been complicated.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:31 am
by Laraqua
Sorry, guys, but I'm going to have to drop out. My situation has changed so I need to cut down on things.

Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:49 am
by kabukiman
Ok, no problem. If you ever want to come back, I'l find a char for you.

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:32 pm
by Mr. Handy
I'm going to be away from the night of Saturday, February 15 until Monday, February 24 and will probably not be able to post.

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:20 am
by kabukiman
I think by now you have already noticed that the game has changed. It's much more action and at a quicker pace, and less investigation.
What do you think?

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 pm
by ImpInTraining
"Kill - Destroy - Blood makes the grass grow!"

I'm digging it. Just a couple things though. 1st - I'm not sure what my people have for inventory. 2nd - what ever happened to Luke Olsen? Did I lose him somewhere?

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Yeah, I like the action too, and I was expecting the raid to be like that.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 am
by kabukiman
I'm waiting to see if we get a thir player until the start the third part of the raid. So Luke is waiting with the crew...
The equipement is all similar: a riffle, 3 grenades, a knife and a rope. In the case of Alyssa is different, she only has what she already had before, and she hasn't any grenades.

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm
by ImpInTraining
Cool, thanks. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 am
by Laraqua
Good luck with the Innsmouth eradication process!

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:51 am
by kabukiman
I'm on the rigth path to that!

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:41 am
by kabukiman
Wr have now a new player, Airbornexo. Good luck!

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Welcome back, Hal!

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:15 pm
by Airbornexo
Thanks Handy making baby steps into a return to Pbp - hope I didn't burn to many bridges when my last ww2 game imploded :/

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
You're welcome, and you didn't burn any bridges with me. I loved that game, and I'd be happy to bring Kirsten Hart back for an encore if you ever decide to run it again, whether starting over or picking up where you left off.

If you're interested, my games have openings. Space Oddity is stalled, as all of my players have disappeared. Zombie Apocalypse is nearly stalled, with only a couple of active players. The third adventure in my Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu campaign, The Shadow Over Dunwich, is approaching the endgame. If you like, you could create a new UNIT character and jump in for that part. You could also play in the upcoming fourth adventure, The Brotherhood of Death, which will be the first Cthulhu Invictus scenario on this board (unless someone else starts one first). I'm hoping to begin that this fall.

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:52 pm
by Airbornexo
Colour me interested for invictus later in the year. I may even restart the ww2 game at some point!

Edit since this is now complete I'll have a go at dunwich thou I'm not a big DW fan really, could you do the character me?

Cheers, Hal

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:44 am
by Mr. Handy
Sure, I can create a character for you. I'll just need a name and an idea of what sort of character you want. The Shadow Over Dunwich is similar in many ways to Escape from Innsmouth, and the endgame involves a UNIT raid on the town (the Dunwich in Old England, not New England). Thus it would be best if you play a more combat-oriented character such as a soldier (covert operative or military officer could work as well), or at least a character that can support combat operations, like a medic. You can see the various templates in the "Your Career in U.N.I.T." thread. I should be able to create your character at some point this weekend, though it might not get introduced right away. Thorn, who plays Brook Davies in the campaign, is working on a temporary character for the final part of the game so she can participate, since Brook won't be present, so I'd like to introduce both of your characters at the same time.

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:20 pm
by kabukiman
The game is oficially finished. Congratulations!

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:11 pm
by Airbornexo
Thanks for having me :)

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Thank you! This game was awesome! :D

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:22 am
by kabukiman
After september, I will start a new scenario, in conan age.

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:47 am
by kabukiman
Mr Handy, please send this game to the finished games.

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:58 pm
by Ash
It was great fun. Thank you.